Offering In-Person Prep Classes
EQAO EXAM PREPARATION
EQAO Exam Preparation
This program is specifically designed for students appearing for EQAO tests. It offers additional training and support for all the subject matter covered in these tests, so students can be better prepared and more confident in their skills. Most parents and students don’t have much experience with these tests and don’t know how to prepare. We have trained the educators who know the EQAO exam process and understand what your children need to know.
What is the EQAO Testing?
The Government of Ontario requires students to complete assessments at different stages of their education to ensure they have a good grasp of the subject matter. These tests are focused on key skills like writing, reading, and mathematics. All of these assessments are conducted based on the Ontario school curriculum at different levels, including:
- Primary division assessments - The primary division assessments test the reading, writing, and math skills of students, they are expected to learn by the end of Grade 3.
- Junior division assessments - The junior division assessments test the reading, writing, and math skills of students, they are expected to learn by the end of Grade 6.
- Grade 9 Mathematics assessments - This assessment is for students working to gain credit in Grade 9 Academic or Applied Mathematics. The test will assess whether the students have good competency in the aforementioned subjects according to the Ontario Curriculum.
- Ontario Secondary School Literacy Tests - This test is for 10th Grade students and it assesses whether students have the minimum required understanding across all subjects they have learned up until Grade 9.
what is EQAO?
The EQAO is a standardized test that is administered by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) in Ontario, Canada. The test is designed to assess student achievement in reading, writing, and math, and is given to students in Grades 3 and 6. In addition, students in Grade 9 are tested in both literacy and math. The EQAO is an important assessment that provides valuable information about a student's academic progress and helps to ensure that students are meeting the provincial standards for their grade level. At our tutoring center, we offer EQAO preparation classes to help students perform well on these assessments and achieve academic success. If you have more questions about the EQAO or our EQAO preparation classes, we would be happy to provide you with more information.
Is EQAO important?
Yes, the EQAO is an important assessment that provides valuable information about a student's academic progress and helps to ensure that students are meeting the provincial standards for their grade level. The results of the EQAO can also be used by schools and school boards to identify areas of strength and weakness and to develop targeted interventions to improve student learning. At our tutoring center, we offer EQAO preparation classes to help students perform well on these assessments and achieve academic success. We believe that it is important for students to take the EQAO assessment seriously, as it provides a valuable opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and skills and to prepare for success in future academic pursuits.
Is EQAO mandatory?
In Ontario, students in public schools are required to participate in the EQAO assessment as mandated by the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO). This assessment is designed to evaluate student achievement in reading, writing, and math, and is an important tool for ensuring that students are meeting the provincial standards for their grade level. Parents do have the option to exempt their children from writing the test, but we believe that participation in the EQAO assessment is an important opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills and to prepare for success in future academic pursuits. At our tutoring center, we offer EQAO preparation classes to help students perform well on these assessments and achieve academic success.
Will there be EQAO exams in 2023?
Yes, the exams will be held between Wednesday, May 10, to Wednesday, June 14, 2023.
What does EQAO stand for?
EQAO stands for 'Education Quality and Accountability Office'. It is an independent provincial agency in Ontario, Canada, that is responsible for conducting province-wide assessments in reading, writing, and math for students in Grades 3 and 6, as well as literacy and math assessments for students in Grade 9. The EQAO assessments are designed to ensure that students are meeting the provincial standards for their grade level and to identify areas of strength and weakness in student learning. At our tutoring center, we offer EQAO preparation classes to help students perform well on these assessments and achieve academic success.
How to check your EQAO results?
Based on past practice, the EQAO typically releases results to students and families in the fall of the academic year following the assessments.
How do our Teachers Help?
- Discover any skill gaps the child might have and create a plan to cover them.
- Identify the student’s strengths and weaknesses, and work with them on those problems.
- Mentor children through assignments, mock tests, and other EQAO content to ensure they become familiar with the format and subject matter.
- Help make the students more confident by providing them support, better study techniques, and good time organization techniques.
- Students will be assessed in every EQAO preparation class, so the teachers understand how well they have grasped the subjects and where they need help.
- Parents will always receive feedback from educators. Parents will also be able to discuss their concerns and requirements with teachers.
What Does the Training Program Include?
This customized program includes all the subjects and components required for the EQAO tests. Our trained educators will help your child develop a good foundation in the following subjects:
- Reading - This includes vocabulary, comprehension, and retention.
- Writing - The educators will help the student develop grammar, paragraph writing, and punctuation.
- Math - This will include number sense and numeracy, measurement, patterning and algebra, geometry and special sense, and data management and probability.
All our educators have the same goal and will want to make sure that students are prepared for the tests and don’t face excessive amounts of stress during the preparation process.
If you want to know more about our tutoring programs here at MegaMind Learning Centre, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
WHAT SUBJECTS DO YOU TUTOR?
We offer tutoring in all subjects from JK to Grade 12.
DO YOU OFFER FRENCH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS?
Yes, we have qualified tutors to teach French reading and writing.
WHAT KIND OF TUTORING DO YOU OFFER?
We offer both one on one tutoring and group tutoring. Our groups never exceed four students.
DO YOU OFFER EQAO & OSSLT PREP COURSES?
Yes, we offer EQAO and OSSLT preparation courses 3-4 months before the exam date.
WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DO MEGAMIND TUTORS HAVE?
Megamind’s tutors are highly qualified and committed Ontario certified teachers or recent university graduates. Our tutors possess outstanding teaching and communication skills to relate to the learning needs of your child.
WHAT MAKES MEGAMIND'S TUTORING SO EFFICIENT?
We know that one size does not fit all, so at Megamind, we develop customized lesson plans tailored to the specific needs of each student.
HOW MANY HOURS DOES MY CHILD NEED PER WEEK?
We will recommend you the optimum number of tutoring hours for your child based on the actual requirements of the child, but you are free to choose the number of hours per week.
WHAT ARE THE TIMINGS FOR TUTORING?
We offer tutoring in the evening during weekdays and on Saturday morning.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
No. We do not impose any long-term contracts with our clients.
CAN I CLAIM TUTORING EXPENSES ON MY TAX RETURNS?
2016 Budget has proposed to phase out the non-refundable children’s arts tax credit. Please contact your accountant. Click Here for more information.