Offering In-Person & Online Classes
JK / SK Tutoring
Kindergarten education lays a strong foundation for future development, which is why it is important to ensure that children have a firm base to position them for success in the future. Kindergarten education is full of challenges and obstacles resulting in some children struggling to cope with the new concepts. Megamind Kindergarten Tutoring is here to help ease students into the world of education, and contribute to their academic growth. At Megamind Learning Centre, we have well-trained teachers who know how to guide children with different learning abilities and strengths.
What Does the Program Include?
- Phonics - This helps children develop and understand the relationships between letters and related sounds, which in turn helps them learn reading and writing.
- Sight Vocabulary - This involves identifying the meaning of the word on sight which improves reading speed and comprehension.
- Spelling - It is essential for students to develop good spelling early on in their academic career. Our educators at Megamind Learning Centre provide beneficial phonetic and vocabulary training to prepare Kindergarten students for subsequent spelling assessments.
- Oral Reading Comprehension - Guided oral reading comprehensions help students develop many kinds of reading skills. They learn to associate sound with words, develop fluency, and gain a better understanding of the content.
- Reading Fluency - Our educators will employ a number of different techniques and tools to improve overall reading fluency in young students.
- Introduction to Mathematics - This helps students understand basic mathematical concepts and solutions, which forms a solid foundation for future mathematical education.
How Do We Help?
- Our tutors are trained in early childhood education which ensures that they understand what children respond to and how to stimulate their minds.
- The Megamind Kindergarten Tutoring Program is multi-faceted so it approaches education and development from different angles. This tailored approach ensures that the program fulfills the educational needs of all our students.
- The Megamind Kindergarten Tutoring Program is specially designed for children between the ages of three and six in order for it to cater to their specific requirements and abilities.
- Parents can choose how often their children will attend the Megamind Kindergarten Tutoring classes based on their schedule and ability. Our tutors will offer advice and make recommendations based on their professional evaluations of the students.
These are some of the many benefits of giving your Kindergarten student a gift that will last them a lifetime, the gift of education. Your child will form both a strong academic foundation as well as other skills that will position them for success in the future. With the Megamind Kindergarten Tutoring Program, your child will improve their ability to learn as well as gain confidence in their intelligence. Your child will be more equipped to learn regular school curriculum and create a world of success in their school careers.
If you want to learn more about our Kindergarten Tutoring Program here at Megamind Learning Centre, please do not hesitate to contact us.
WHAT SUBJECTS DO YOU TUTOR?
We offer tutoring in all subjects from JK to Grade 12.
DO YOU OFFER FRENCH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS?
Yes, we have qualified tutors to teach French reading and writing.
WHAT KIND OF TUTORING DO YOU OFFER?
We offer both one on one tutoring and group tutoring. Our groups never exceed four students.
DO YOU OFFER EQAO & OSSLT PREP COURSES?
Yes, we offer EQAO and OSSLT preparation courses 3-4 months before the exam date.
WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DO MEGAMIND TUTORS HAVE?
Megamind’s tutors are highly qualified and committed Ontario certified teachers or recent university graduates. Our tutors possess outstanding teaching and communication skills to relate to the learning needs of your child.
WHAT MAKES MEGAMIND'S TUTORING SO EFFICIENT?
We know that one size does not fit all, so at Megamind, we develop customized lesson plans tailored to the specific needs of each student.
HOW MANY HOURS DOES MY CHILD NEED PER WEEK?
We will recommend you the optimum number of tutoring hours for your child based on the actual requirements of the child, but you are free to choose the number of hours per week.
WHAT ARE THE TIMINGS FOR TUTORING?
We offer tutoring in the evening during weekdays and on Saturday morning.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
No. We do not impose any long-term contracts with our clients.
CAN I CLAIM TUTORING EXPENSES ON MY TAX RETURNS?
2016 Budget has proposed to phase out the non-refundable children’s arts tax credit. Please contact your accountant. Click Here for more information.