When one thinks of tutoring, English is not one of the subjects that springs to the mind first; the more obvious choices are Math and Science and even languages like French and Spanish. English is often overlooked, especially by native speakers of the language, because they feel that they are already good enough in it. The typical attitude is that more time, effort and money should be invested in developing “useful” skills like Science or Math.
It should be noted, however, that nothing could be further than the truth. One should approach the learning of English in the same way that one does with other subjects. English is one of the foremost mediums of communication the world over and it is not enough to just know how to speak it well. Whether one is a native speaker or not, writing good English is also a skill that needs to be mastered by all.
The important thing to remember about English, or any language for that matter, is that, if learned improperly at an early age, it is very difficult to correct the mistakes later on in life. Some of the common problems of learning English incorrectly from a young age are:
- Mispronouncing or misspelling words – Cultural or social influences at a young age can lead to mispronouncing or misspelling certain words that never quite leave you your entire life. Mispronouncing or misspelling words can lead to miscommunication, mockery and humiliation.
- Bad grammar or diction – Whether written or oral, bad grammar is unacceptable in both social and professional circles. A college admission essay or a business email that is replete with grammatical errors immediately raises a red flag in the minds of the readers. Similarly, poor diction can affect your speech and ability to talk effectively.
- Poor vocabulary – A good and extensive vocabulary is essential for any form of communication. Children and adults with low vocabulary skills often struggle to put across their point, which can lead to difficulties in many situations.
Parents should realize that schools alone cannot provide the level of importance that should be given to learning English. The high student-to-teacher ratio alone is responsible for the unequal attention that is paid between fast and slow learners. Non-native speakers especially require more time and effort to master the nuances of the language.
Fortunately, there are excellent, dedicated after-school tutoring Brampton centres that specialize in providing the highest quality instruction in English that not only addresses the student/teacher imbalance but also focuses on developing the written, spoken and reading skills in a systematic way. Well-established tutoring Brampton centres such as Megamind have perfected the teaching-learning methodology to ensure that all their students receive a holistic understanding of English.
The advantages of admitting your child for English tutoring classes at Megamind include:
- Improving their reading skills, including learning correct pronunciation and diction and enhancing their ability to comprehend written English with ease.
- Developing their written and verbal vocabulary, which will help them to express themselves better, with the added advantage of being able to understand and learn other subjects better.
- Enhancing their ability to spell words correctly and learn different forms of writing styles.
Apart from these tangible benefits, enrolling your child in Megamind’s tutoring centre also offers the following benefits:
- Help them to organize their work better, including taking notes, revising, managing their time, and improving their focus and concentration.
- Teach them to work in groups, which helps them to learn important skills such as leadership and teamwork.
- Improve their overall confidence in their abilities, which will help them succeed in both their academic and professional lives.
Learning English in a structured and focused manner in no longer optional. As the primary means of communication in a diverse and multi-cultural modern workplace, a good command over English is a powerful and effective skill to have in one’s resumé. So, start early, as the longer you delay, the more difficult it will be to unlearn bad language habits.
If you are a resident of Brampton, then a quick search for tutoring Brampton or tutoring near me will lead you to the Megamind website. Get in touch with your nearest Megamind Learning Centre to find out all the excellent benefits of enrolling your child in an English tutoring class today.